Addiction Campuses of Texas offers uniqueness and freedom in landscape, an individualized treatment approach that’s collaborative
and a focus on renewing the human spirit through adventure.
- Just outside of Dallas, TX
- Local airports are Dallas Fort Worth (DFW) and Dallas Love Field
- 60 Beds – simple comforts of home, clean, restful and secure
- 40 acres of beautiful scenic landscape with a reflecting pond, bridges, a tranquility treehouse, zip lines, miles of hiking trails,
fire pits, all designed to heal the mind, body and spirit from the disease of addiction
- All levels of care including detox, residential and outpatient
- Physicians on staff
- Registered nurses 24 hours a day
- Individual counseling, group counseling, trauma therapy, adventure therapy, art/expressive therapy, and proven addiction treatment
method - dialectical behavior therapy - and more
- Adventure Therapy specialization: Why is this effective in treating addiction and trauma? Addiction steals from the heart and the
physical body. Adventure therapy rebuilds broken bodies and renews self-esteem, trust and the spirit. Also called Wilderness Therapy and
Experiential Therapy, it uses varying techniques and environments to bring about change in the individual. These include cooperative games,
problem solving initiatives, trust building activities, high adventure (climbing/rappelling, zip lining, ropes courses); and campus
expeditions (hiking, canoeing, kayaking).
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) specialization – DBT is a cognitive therapy that has been proven to work for patients struggling
with addiction – and other co-occurring mental illnesses. Other studies have found show that DBT is superior to regular addiction treatment
in reducing high risk behaviors in patients. There are VERY FEW treatment centers who specialize completely in this therapy. Clients learn
valuable tools to regain their life balance – more importantly – they leave with the tools to REMAIN balanced. We give them the opportunity
to practice these skills while in treatment. There are many opportunities for mindfulness, meditation, quiet contemplation, and
- Clients have their rooms attended by staff, but are expected to keep rooms and surroundings tidy and organized
- Male and Female clients – kept separately at all times unless participating in supervised, planned activities
- Nutritious meals/snacks and a programming schedule for each day
- Chef prepared delicious, healthy food. Dietary restrictions are accommodated.
- Free time for clients includes hiking, meditation, yoga, reading in the library or watching movies, and even gardening and cooking
- Access to technology: while we request leaving phones and computers with us in the initial stages of treatment, as clients move through
our addiction treatment phases they will gain access during their free time to use a Cybercafe onsite to check emails and communicate with
family or employers. Please note internet capability is limited due to location.
- Campus dog, Doodle.
Addiction Campuses of Texas is:
- Focused on re-building the mind, body and spirit through a back to basics philosophy
- Engaged in the re-discovering of oneself in a natural environment
- Interactive, personal and collaborative
- Led by Vincent Strumolo, MS, LMFT - Mr. Strumolo has 20 years in the treatment of addiction and trauma. He has gained extensive training through his experiences as a licensed therapist, crisis intervention therapist on the mobile crisis response team. Mr. Strumolo has been a forward thinker in the field of post traumatic stress and has developed a framework for therapy called Resolution Focused Therapy (RFT), is a published author and served as an advisor on the Board of Directors of the American Association of Children in Residential Centers, a member of the Broward County United Way Quality Assurance Committee and a faculty member of the Broward Steering Committee’s Crisis Intervention Team (CIT).
At Addiction Campuses, we believe:
- That relationships offer a sense of community are central to the psychological health
- That it is essential for patients and their families to be involved the treatment program
- Connecting to the environment provides peace and balance and is essential to heal
- In the value of evidence based practices
Addiction Campuses of Texas offers a full range of treatment options led by clinical staff members who are:
- Known leaders in the field of addiction treatment
- Experts in the psychology of addiction in the family
- Sensitive to the biological, social and cultural contexts in today’s world
- Dedicated to restoring a sense of mind, body and spirit balance to each client